It may be near a highway and just a stone’s throw away from the ‘hood (which is modest by most USA standards), but this place is a hidden gem in the rough.
It’s nothing fancy, but having just come off a 22 hour flight and a month living in a backpackers, it was Paradise.
The decor and modernity of the place is nothing to write home about, but it is clean, spacious and homey.
As we were there for a month, we were upgraded to a top floor with a fridge and microwave, which is alway handy for budget conscious travellers who want to prepare food in their room. There is also a microwave in the lobby. You can get very creative when a microwave is your only cooking device, that’s for sure.
Definitely recommended for overnight transit travellers, or business travellers.
- Free airport shuttle
- Free coffee and tea in the lobby (at certain times)
- There is a gym. It’s no Gold’s Gym, but it has enough to motivate you to exercise.
- The price we paid (from Hotwire) was an absolute steal!
- Alder & the Sparrow Restaurant on site
- Free wifi in the room
- Close to TTC buses but not necessary to a subway, you can still be downtown in less than an hour.
- And the most important thing, it is close ( a few bus stops or twenty minute walk) to a Walmart and shops to buy food
- Some of the front desk staff are very helpful and customer service orientated, some are like death warmed up.
- Wonderful housekeeping staff. Particularly Maria.
For more information, click here.